You are flying over dunes, taking corners at breakneck speeds, ripping up dirt. We all know how cool go-karting sounds, but now you can show your friends, family, and coworkers how cool go-karting looks.
The internet is full of nail-biting, adrenaline-fueled videos of people out there with the fastest lap times, the sickest power slides, and the most devastating crashes, enough to make you grab the edge of your seat!
Go-kart videos are quickly racking up millions of views across every major platform, and it is now easier than ever to record and watch back over your most exhilarating moments with friends and family.
What if I told you that you could be the star, director, and editor of your very own eye-popping, spine-tingling go-kart videos?
So, how do you start making and editing your very own high-speed, adrenaline-filled fun?
With a high-quality, durable camera, of course, and there is no camera better suited to these adventures than the GoPro!
GoPro cameras are resilient under extreme conditions, maintain a beautiful high-quality video, and will perfectly capture your go-kart fueled antics!
Not only do GoPro cameras give you mighty quality, but they are also super user-friendly, so recording you and your friends has never been easier. With tones of add-ons and attachments out there, GoPro cameras are adapted to suit any situation.
Best GoPro Camera for Go-Karts
We have tried and tested some of the best GoPro cameras and seen if they could survive a run around the track with the fastest, loudest go-karts we could find.
We have tried all types of terrain and weather conditions and seen which GoPro cameras could handle go-kart racing’s harsh conditions.
So, let’s get to it! Here is our guide for the best GoPro cameras on the market right now, ideally suited to any go-kart adventure.
1. GoPro Hero 8
- HyperSmooth 2.0: HERO8 Black has three levels of stabilization – On, High and Boost. Get the widest views, or boost to the smoothest video ever offered in a HERO camera. Works with all resolutions and frame rates, and features in-app horizon...
- Streamlined Design: The re-imagined shape is more pocketable, and folding fingers at the base let you swap mounts quickly. A new side door makes changing batteries even faster, and the lens is now 2x more impact-resistant compared to previous models
- Expandable Mods: Vloggers, pro filmmakers and aspiring creators can do more than ever imagined with our HERO8 Black mods (sold separately). Media Mod gives you shotgun-mic performance and lets you attach Light Mod and Display Mod to up your capture...
Starting off our list is one of the most massive wearable action cameras on the market right now! With digital lens technology and Hypersmooth 2.0, Hero 8 is in a league of its own!
Highlighting every great feature that makes the GoPro camera the future of go-kart filming, Hero 8 is the absolute pinnacle of action cameras available right now.
With its sleek design and easily pocketable shape, the Hero 8 can be tucked away in almost any pocket, ready to be pulled out and film the serious thrills of go-kart racing. Its new design also makes the lens 2x more impact resistant than its predecessor.
The GoPro Hero 8 comes equipped with Hypersmooth 2.0, the most sophisticated motion control technology available, making it the ideal camera for any go-kart enthusiast and is suited to breakneck speeds.
TimeWarp 2.0 is also one of the features that make the GoPro 8 one of the best out there, allowing you to create amazing time-lapse footage of your most thrilling memories.
The GoPro 8 has 4K60fps and allows you to shoot in four unique modes using digital lens technology.
It is the perfect camera for pro filmmakers looking for that ideal point of view shot or the go-kart enthusiast looking to playback some of his most adrenaline-fueled moments.
- Hyper smooth 2.0 technology allows for fantastic motion control.
- Smooth and sleek design.
- Extremely durable and impact resistant.
- It does not support stereo playback.
2. GoPro Hero 7
- Rugged + waterproof : Share experiences you can’t capture with your phone; Hero7 white is tough, tiny, totally waterproof and up for any adventure
- Intuitive touch screen : With a touch screen and simple, streamlined capture modes, it’s easy to jump right in and get great shots; Just swipe and tap
- Full hd video: Hero7 white records beautiful full hd video; you can also shoot unique time lapse videos to turn longer events into short, shareable moments
The GoPro Hero 7 is Hero 8, with fewer features, but this does not make it any less amazing.
With 60fps video compatibility and 4K resolution, it allows you to capture wild go-kart rides in a crisp, beautiful picture.
The Hero 7 comes with an interface compatible with USB-C and HDMI, making uploading and sharing your best moments as simple as they can make it.
So, what makes the Hero 7 one of the best wearable cameras? And why it comes in vital when filming high-speed go-kart races? It’s because Hero 7 has seriously smooth video stabilization.
It will correct your movements while you record, which results in some seriously high-quality footage.
Hero 7 is an extremely durable camera and will survive through all of your most exciting go-karting moments. The GoPro Hero 7 is also waterproof up to 33 feet, making it the perfect camera for any weather, and that’s all without a protective case!
If you’re looking to live-stream your go-karting fun, Hero 7 is the camera for you! It also has flawless voice controls, so you can start and stop recording without even letting go of the wheel.
After going through all the things that make the GoPro 7 one of the best cameras out there on the market today, it almost seems like nothing else can compare, but don’t worry, we have plenty more to look at, so prepare to be pleasantly surprised.
- Stunning resolution with 4K60fps.
- Tough and durable, waterproof to 33 feet!
- Wide range of attachments available.
- It does not support 3D videos
3. GoPro Fusion
- Spherical video + photos capture incredible 5.2K videos and 18MP photos of everything around you by shooting in every direction at once
- Over capture : Turn 5.2K spherical videos into traditional 1080P videos from any angle right on your phone; Full compatibility on iPhone 6s, iPad mini 4 and later devices; compatibility varies for earlier devices; See technical specifications below...
- Transform spherical photos into traditional shots crop 18MP spherical photos any way you want to create standard resolution photos that are easier to save and share. Video ISO Range: 400 to 6400 (Manual)
The GoPro Fusion is one of the most innovative and exciting 360 view cameras ever manufactured.
With its spherical video capture mode, you can make the best quality, most realistic VR videos and show your friends and the world what it feels like to be behind the wheel!
The GoPro Fusion is not just limited to its VR and 360 capabilities. It can capture regular images and footage just as well, and all in 5.2K quality.
Although the GoPro Fusion is relatively more significant than other models in the Hero range, it is still quite compact due to two unique lenses. It is perfect for capturing a beautiful 360 view of the landscape whizzing by while you tear up some dirt on your go-kart.
A downside to the excellent innovative design, and concept of the 360 views, is that it is less rugged than some other models. It is by no means fragile. However, the high speed, and high vibrations of a gas go-kart engine, may not be very kind to it over a long period.
The Fusion does not offer the same extent of waterproofing that the Hero line does.Iit is only waterproof up to 15ft, although it will still function correctly in adverse weather conditions.
- Innovative 360 views and VR recording.
- Crisp and beautiful 5.2K quality.
- It allows for regular view pictures and footage.
- Extremely user-friendly.
- Less durable than other models
- Hefty price range compared to the Hero line.
4. Go Pro Max 360
- Three Cameras in One: Maximize your creative freedom. With MAX you can shoot traditional Hero-style video and photos or capture immersive 360 footage. Vlog to the max with shotgun-mic performance and a front-facing screen
- Max HyperSmooth: MAX gives you unbreakable stabilization by using 180-degree capture as the ultimate buffer
- Live Streaming in 1080p: Shoot in HERO mode and share while you’re there. Live stream in 1080p on social, get Max HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later
Another innovative, and incredible 360 view camera from GoPro, The GoPro Max 360, takes 360 views to a whole new level. Shooting in a stunning 5.6K at 30fps, it is one of the best 360 cameras on the market right now!
What puts the GoPro Max ahead of its predecessor, the Fusion, is its beautiful rugged design, which significantly improves its durability and impact resilience, allowing it to handle the impressive roar of an engine. Great news for us go-kart enthusiasts.
With all the bells and whistles, the GoPro Max 360 does come on the pricey side, but rave reviews say that it is worth every penny!
The GoPro Max seems like what every 360 camera should be, and it is not stepping down from the race to be the best GoPro camera for all of us go-karters out there!
- Much more durable than other 360 view cameras.
- The app interface has been improved from its predecessor, the GoPro Fusion.
- 360 footage playbacks are unbelievably smooth and stable.
- It does not support 4K video capture.
- Not cheap.
5. GoPro Hero 4
- Professional 4k30, 2.7k60 and 1080P120 video, 720P240 video for super slow motion playback and 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second
- Built in wi fi and bluetooth support the GoPro app, smart remote and more
- Improved camera control and built in video trimming lets you create and save short video clips right on your camera
For anyone looking to dip their toe into the world of go-kart filmmaking, the GoPro Hero 4 is your perfect entry-level camera.
With 4K30fps, it lacks the super high-quality production value of some of its more expensive siblings. However, Hero 4 has a durable, square design that can take a severe amount of damage!
It has built-in motion control. However, it is minimal, but its Protune feature still makes for a great picture and video quality.
Another major plus for the GoPro 4, it is still fully supported by the Smart Remote capabilities of the GoPro App.
There are tons of attachments available for the GoPro Hero 4, making it extremely versatile. It is also super easy to source cheap go-karting accessories compatible with this model.
- Excellent value for a high-quality image.
- Easily sourced accessories.
- Extremely easy to use.
- App support.
- Slow data transfer speeds.
- Limited motion control.
- Short battery life.
So, there we have it, our guide to the Best GoPro Camera for Go-Karts available right now for all your go-karting needs. We have covered GoPro cameras suitable for high-speed filmmaking levels and a vast range of prices.
The go-karting industry is quickly taking over the world as one of the most adrenaline-pumping, exciting, and low budget motorsports.
The online demand for high-speed, high-quality go-kart videos is enormous right now, at a time where turning your vicious power slides into awesome movies is as easy as strapping one of the best GoPro cameras for Go-Karting on and firing up the engine.