Children have a lot of energy. As such, go-karting is one of the most fun, unique ways to keep them engaged.
Now, there are a large number of go-karts out there. It can be easy to get overwhelmed and pick the wrong one. So how do you choose the right one?
This is where we come in. Today, we will dive into the variety of kid-friendly go-karts on the market. Each is different in their way and have their advantages and disadvantages.
The key is to find a go-kart that fits your child’s needs but also fits your needs as a parent. Safety and security construction is just as important as speed components.
If you are on the hunt for the perfect go-kart, we encourage you to keep reading. This “Best Go-Karts for Kids” review will help you navigate the world of go-karts.
Razor Dune Buggy
- Compact kids dune buggy with powerful 350-watt electric motor. Reaches speeds of up to 9 mph.
- Assembled Dimensions: 41 inch x 26.5 inch x 17.5 inch
- 8-inch knobby pneumatic tires. Hand throttle and brake controls.
- Supports up to 120 pounds driver weight. For ages 8 and older.
- Requires no fuel to run. Battery life up to 40 mins.
- Durable tubular steel frame. Padded bucket seat with seatbelt.
The Razor Dune Buggy is an ideal combination of breathtaking speed but appropriate control and safety. With its 350-watt motor, this buggy can reach speeds up to 10 mph. It is enough power to satisfy any child 8 years old and up.
Additionally, its knobby tires and sturdy suspension let your kids enjoy off-roading rides without going too fast. The Razor manufacturers ensured that this go-kart could safely deliver the thrill of speed.
Its sturdy steel tubular frame makes this buggy ideal for safely navigating rough terrain. Moreover, it is stable enough to stay in great shape no matter the drive. Not to mention, parents will appreciate the added security of a seat belt and a side roll cage.
Another great advantage of the Razor Dune Buggy is that it features a hand throttle. The hand throttle provides easy-to-use controls for prompt speed and braking adjustments. With this dune buggy, your child is in complete control.
Lastly, this dune buggy runs entirely on electrical power. That means it does not require any fuel to run. In turn, this buggy produces no emissions and saves you money on gas refills.
If you are looking for an excellent go-karting experience for your child, this Razor Dune Buggy is a great option. It provides all the adventure of a regular dune buggy with safety features to keep parents happy.
Razor Power Rider 360 Electric Tricycle
- Blast into the future with the PowerRider 360 - all-new, electric powered 3-wheeler from Razor!
- Features push button throttle and reaches speeds up to 9 mph with up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Cut full 360 degree spins, slide, even drift on its duel inclined rear caster wheels
- Includes front, hand operated braking system, hi-impact pneumatic front wheel, 12V rechargeable battery system, and charger
- Recommended for ages 8 and up; supports riders up to 120 pounds
If a standard buggy or go-kart is not up to your alley, this electric tricycle is for you. The Razor Power Rider 360 is easily one of Razon’s top electric vehicles. With a push of a button, this electric tricycle can launch you and your child into the future.
This slick, three-wheeler can race up to 9 mph with no pedaling required. The Power Rider’s dual-inclined rear caster wheels allow for top-notch 360-degree drifting and spinning action. With its chain-driven motor, this electric tricycle will definitely turn heads.
This electric tricycle also features a hand-operated lever brake, which is common in push bikes or motorcycles. As such, the handbrake system is quite intuitive for children. If your child knows how to work the brake system on a bike, they can use this tricycle.
Additionally, the one-push button throttle is an excellent feature of this tricycle. Unlike other kid-friendly electric vehicles, the Power Rider’s one-push system is for full-on or off acceleration.
On the one hand, this means easier to control options for kids. However, this is also indicating that there is not a lot of variety for speed.
The Power Rider also features a 12V rechargeable battery system. With a 12-hour charging time, you can get a full 40 minutes’ worth of continuous use. Moreover, it can support riders up to 120 pounds.
Razor Dirt Quad
- Max speed: 8 mph | Max Rider Weight: 120 lb
- Item Dimensions: 43" L x 24" W x 31" H
- Up to 40 minutes of continuous use.
- Shatter-resistant plastic fairings and powder coated tubular frame for all weather durability.
- Front brush bar. Rear carry handle.
- 13" pneumatic knobby tires, Adjustable riser handlebars
- Space saving vertical storage capability.
- Terrain-tracing droop-travel rear suspension with coil shock delivers smooth ride.
Another popular go-kart option for many adventurous kids are four-wheelers or quad bikes. There are many on the market, but you cannot go wrong with the Razor Dirt Quad. Newly re-designed and improved, the Razor Dirt Quad is currently the best, kid-friendly ATV on the market.
This miniature off-road dirt quad was created with an authentic quad design in mind. In that sense, this is a great beginner’s quad for children. It will help younger children work on their motor and driving skills relatively safely and cheaply.
However, that is not to say that the Razor Dirt Quad is cheaply made. It is a well-constructed quad and can handle quite a few rough terrains.
This is due to the quad’s droop-travel, terrain tracing rear suspension, and coil shock. All these components work together to deliver an exceptionally smooth ride. Moreover, the Quad has 13” traction tires that can race through the muddiest and most rugged landscapes.
Additionally, the Razor Dirt Quad is powered by two 12V rechargeable batteries. They provide up to 40 minutes of continuous use and can reach speeds up to 8 mph. However, many users have mentioned that the dirt quad has up to 60 minutes of continuous use.
For further speed control, the quad utilizes twist-grip acceleration control. Unlike the tricycle above, this is not a one-push system.
The twist-grip acceleration allows your child the real thrill of acceleration that they would experience on a full-sized quad bike. Moreover, this makes it easy to regulate your speed while you are riding around.
Lastly, it features a front brush bar, a sturdy tubular frame, and shatter-resistant fairings. These components ensure this ATV is one of the sturdiest and safest ATVs for kids.
Hauk Lightning Pedal Go-Kart
- Function: This Pedal Go Kart provides an authentic driving experience and allows the driver to control their speed. Lightning is designed to be the perfect pedal go kart for young drivers and can be used to ride both indoor and outdoor. It encourages physical activity, builds strength, endurance and coordination.
- Pedal power: Always ready to go, never need to worry about batteries that require charging. Easy designed pedal-push sprocket, perfect for younger children.
- Design: Race-inspired pedals, rubber wheels and 8 ball style hand brake, 3-point sporty steering wheel and steel tube powder-coat frame.
- Comfort: The custom, ergonomic seat is adjustable and equipped with a high backrest for a comfortable, safe sitting position. This allows the child to be comfortable and ride longer.
- Product dimension: L: 38 inches | W: 21 inches | H: 22 inches | Weight: 21 pounds
This go-kart is a highly versatile vehicle that provides a pure driving experience for any young driver. With pedal power, this go-kart offers excellent power and control for indoor and outdoor use.
The great thing about this go-kart is that it is designed with kids in mind. As such, this go-kart thrives on a simple operation. If they know how to ride a bike, they will be able to drive this kart easily.
Speed is easily controlled and regulated by the pedals. Meanwhile, the highly responsive steering wheel allows your kids to enjoy easy steering at every turn. Additionally, the hand brake is conveniently placed for easy access and primed for prompt braking.
Moreover, this go-kart is perfectly designed for comfort. The go-kart features a custom ergonomic seat. Not only is it adjustable, but it also has a high backrest for extra support and comfort.
Pedal go-karts tend to be overlooked because of their low-tech qualities. However, pedaling and cycling can do wonders for your mental health, physical health, stress relief, and more. That being said, pedaling go-karts can be a great way to get your kids active and fit.
TrailMaster Mini XRX Kart Blue
For those of you who want the best of the best, we present the TrailMaster MINI XRX Kart. The TrailMaster is one of the best higher-end dune buggy options, and for a good reason.
With its 163-cc engine, massive capacity, and more, this kart will make any kid feel extremely special.
In addition to its high-powered engine, the Trailmaster features a live axle, dual-wheel drive. It also provides extra control with its front and rear suspension and with its hydraulic disc brakes.
The TrailMaster also makes use of an electric start feature, seat belts, and safe seats. Moreover, it features headlights and a horn for safety purposes.
Speed-wise, the TrailMaster can race up to 25 mph and has a climbing rate of 12.4 mph. Unlike our go-karts mentioned above, the TrailMaster’s engine is a 4-stroke single-cylinder gas engine. It has enough power to provide an 8lb/ft. Torque and max 5.5 hp.
As such, the TrailMaster may require regular upkeep to keep it running properly. Additionally, the TrailMaster’s engine may provide more emissions than electric go-karts.
It also features guard bars and a sturdy frame to keep your kids safe on the most challenging roads. Moreover, the kart has a low center of gravity. This means that it will be difficult for this kart to flip on sharp turns.
As you can see, TrailMaster’s price tag is not unfounded. It may be expensive, but you get a lot for what you are paying for.
Coleman Powersports Go-Kart
- Your purchase includes Coleman Powersports Off Road Go Kart, KT196 model in Camo color
- Go Kart dimensions – 44" W x 68" L x 47" H | Weight – 330 lbs. | Weight limit – 400 lbs. | Top Speed – 31 MPH | Fuel type – Unleaded 87+ | Tank size – .95 gal | Ground Clearance – 4” | Wheelbase – 50” | Engine Displacement – 196cc
- The four-point safety harness will keep you locked in safely behind the wheel and the heavy-duty padded roll cage gives extra security
- The fully automatic 4 stroke OHV 1 cylinder engine with 196cc/6. 5hp, will power you through the trails all day with plenty of muscle while still being fuel-efficient
- The easy pull start operation and torque converter CVT system makes this the ideal go-cart for any driver. Low-pressure tires provide a soft, smooth ride even on rugged terrain
Next, we have a go-kart that is ideal for the young teens in your life. The Coleman Powersports Go-Kart is a reliable and powerful go-kart for the most adventurous teens.
This go-kart features a powerful 4-stroke, fully automatic engine. The engine is fuel-efficient and has enough muscle to get you through the most demanding trails. However, this go-kart is perfectly functional for commuting around the neighborhood or to the grocery store.
Secondly, the Coleman Powersports go-kart is easy to maneuver. Thanks to its torque converter CVT system and easy pull start system, it is always ready to go.
Additionally, this go-kart features low-pressure tires that provide a supremely smooth ride regardless of the terrain. Not to mention, braking is just as smooth with its hydraulic foot-operated disc brakes.
The Coleman Powersports Go-Kart is also designed with safety in mind. The go-kart has two bolstered seats and a four-point safety harness. Moreover, the kart is reinforced with a heavy-duty padded rolling cage for superior security.
Although this go-kart joins the TrailMaster as a higher-end kart, it is still a worthy investment. It is an excellent choice for your young teen and allows them to explore their adventurous side.
- RIDE IT AT EASE –This Go-kart offers effortless operation with no gears or batteries that require charging which perfectly avoid much issue from battery, wire connection, etc. Your kids could ride it by themselves and they can have an exercise in the meantime to keep healthy. the seat to a comfortable position with the growth of your kids.
- DURABLE &SAFE MATERIAL– Constructed by metal frame and Polypropylene plastic which is non-toxic, odorless, light- weighted for your kids to enjoy their happiness. They can play it no matter indoors OR outdoors, on a sunny day OR rainy day, this pedaling go-cart gives your child control over their own speed and is a fantastic way to keep them active and moving!
- EASY OPERATION - Control the go kart by steering wheel to move forward/backward. Your kids can pull back the hand break next to the seat to stop this go kart. The gear lever is also included which is located on the middle of chain guard. Normally use the go kart when the gear lever pull forward.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT – High backed bucket seat is a great support for your kids to lean on when they are exhausted and want to have a better rest. They can speed down at ease and control it freely. It also has TWO positions to be adjusted to fits your kids body.
- ANTISLIP STRIP ON THE WHEELS- EVA rubber wheels are in proper size and feature secure design for your kids to go many places like hard surface, on grass, ground which lessens the risk of hazard.
If you are not looking to break the bank, you cannot go wrong with the Costzon Go-Kart. This classically designed cart is pedal-powered and is extremely affordable.
Much like the Hauk Lightning Pedal Go-Kart, this go-kart offers easy control of the pedal operation. That means there are no gears, no engine, and no battery.
This go-kart also features a highly responsive steering wheel to help your kids maneuver forwards and backward. The hand brake is conveniently placed next to the seat for immediate braking if needed.
For your child’s comfort, this go-kart features a high-backed bucket seat. It provides excellent posture support and ultimate comfort.
This way, your child can drive around for as long as they want without getting uncomfortable. Even better, the seat can be adjusted in two positions to fit your kid’s needs or comfort level.
A great feature of this go-kart is its durable and environmentally safe construction. This go-kart is constructed out of a metal frame with polypropylene plastic, which is non-toxic. Moreover, it is exceptionally durable and lightweight.
This means that this kart can be used at any time of day and in any weather. Rain or shine, this kart can withstand the elements. The addition of anti-slip strips on the wheels means it can go on any surface without many hazards.
Razor Ground Force Drifter Fury Ride-On
- Recommended to use only on flat surfaces | Race-tuned chassis and super-slick rear wheels for serious neighborhood drifting
- Age range – 8+ | Weight limit – 140 lbs. | Battery – 24V (Two 12V), sealed lead acid, rechargeable | Battery life – Up to 40 minutes | Max speed – 12 mph | Some assembly required
- The Ground Force Drifter Fury ups the ante with the added flash of its unique Spark Bar
- Enjoy the fury model | Kart has a spark cartridge on the rear wheels and mark sparks when applied
- Features a powerful variable-speed, chain-driven motor, thumb-trigger acceleration control and hand-operated rear brake
The Ground Force Drifter takes go-karting to a whole new level. With its distinct low profile and unique Spark Bar, this kart leaves all other opponents in the dust.
It’s powerful, and the high-torque engine can reach speeds up to 12 mph with almost 40 minutes of continuous use. However, it is still easy to control and manipulate. Thanks to a simple thumb trigger control, it is easy to regulate this kart’s speed to your liking.
For even more control, this go-kart features a hand-operated rear brake. This way, you can control your drifting with complete accuracy.
Additionally, the wheelbase and weight of the kart contribute significantly to the safety of this kart. The wheelbase is wide and long, while the weight of the kart is around 65 lbs. This means the kart is too stabilized and weighty to tip over with the drifting action.
Another excellent safety feature is the addition of the flag mounted on the back. It seems so simple, but the flag allows the kart to be seen by cars and SUVs. This way, drivers can be cautious on the road.
However, what makes this go-kart stand out is its theatrics. The Ground Force Drifter comes with a Spark Bar. This adds a bit of flash because it leaves a shower of sparks in its wake.
This is a particularly great option for kids who are familiar with go-karts and want something different. This kart not only looks different, but it presents a new way of driving to kids.
Berg Buddy Pedal Go-Kart
- BERG has more than 30 years experience in developing, producing and selling active outdoor playtime pleasure! BERG Pedal Go Karts have been developed with great attention and care. This resulted in qualitative excellent Pedal Go Karts, which are safe to use. It does not matter which one you choose, you choose quality with a BERG Pedal Go Kart
- Get your fi rst pedal experience on a BERG Buzzy. This super cool sensation on four wheels is much more stable than a three-wheeler. Your feet remain fi rmly on the pedals even round sharp corners.
- The size of the BERG Buzzy and its EVA tyres make it suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Even the rain will not stop you from having lots of fun with your go-kart! The BERG Buzzy is suitable for children aged 2-5.
- Thanks to its four wheels, the BERG Buzzy has excellent stability. Because tricycles have one wheel less, they are far less stable.
- Unlike a tricycle, the pedals and the handlebars of the Buzzy can be operated independently. This ensures that the pedals do not move when steering and the feet remain fi rmly on the pedals at all times.
The Berg Buddy Pedal Go-Kart is an ideal go-kart for anyone between the ages of 3 and 8. First and foremost, it is the type of go-kart your child can grow up with. This is due to the go-kart’s three seating arrangements that can be adjusted over time.
This is also an ideal go-kart for younger children because its durability is child-tested. The frame of this kart is made out of powder-coated steel. This ensures that the structure of the kart is durable but lightweight.
The entire go-kart only weighs around 40 pounds. Not to mention, it has a reasonably flexible design, so it is easy to store.
It has a relatively straight forward movement design that relies on the direction of the pedals. In other words, the kart goes where your child takes it. By merely using the pedals, your child can quickly speed up, brake, reverse, and turn.
This is also due to the exceptional traction provided by the pneumatic tires. The tires provide enough traction for any number of terrains. Moreover, it is much easier for younger children to maintain a controlled ride.
If you have an adventurous child, this go-kart is a great compromise. Kids can go as fast as they want. However, you have the comfort of knowing they are riding a durable and safe go-kart.
Hauck Batmobile Pedal Go-Kart
- Sporty 3 point steering for responsive, quick steering.
- Adjustable bucket seat for multiple height kids.
- Race styled pedals with rubber wheels & 8 ball style brake for better grip and smooth ride.
- Handbrake for both rear wheels.
- Front cover panel in hero design.
If you want to take your child’s pedal go-kart to a new level, try this Batman-inspired go-kart. With this go-kart, any child gets to live their crime-fighting dreams with the famed caped crusader.
The Hauck Batmobile Go-Kart is a durable, well-constructed kid-friendly go-kart with several impressive features. First, this go-kart comes with race-style pedals to help children chase down criminals at top-notch speed.
Secondly, the Batmobile go-kart provides extra control with its unique 8-ball style brake. It is also conveniently placed for a secure and prompt grip when needed. This way, your child can make easy, smooth stops no matter where they are.
In addition to its robust brake system, this go-kart also features rubber wheels designed for stability. This ensures that kids can enjoy this kart inside, outside, and on several other landscapes.
What is also impressive about this kart is its steering system. It utilizes a 3-point steering wheel, which ensures highly responsive and sharp steering maneuvers. This allows children complete control over their driving and enables them to jump into action when needed.
Lastly, this go-kart does not sacrifice comfort for speed and accuracy. The Hauck Batmobile Go-Kart allows children to drive in complete comfort. This is due to the ergonomically designed bucket seats that can be adjusted for different heights.
Be mindful that this kart is ideal for children 4 years old and older. The weight limit is also 120 lbs.
Several things go into making a great go-kart. At the heart of it all is the fun and excitement they bring children. However, it is also important to note the importance of construction, security, and safety.
That being said, we hope our Go-Karts for Kids Review was helpful to you. We hope our top picks gave you a sense of the types of go-karts you should be looking for. If you have further questions, please let us know!